Sing and dance your way to ED Sheeran's concert live in Malaysia with Hotlink!
Fans of Ed Sheeran can now sing and dance to their hearts' content for a chance to see the British singer-songwriter perform in his first ever concert in Malaysia by taking part in Hotlink's ED Everywhere! Contest. As the presenter of the concert, which will take place on 16 March 2015 at the KL Convention Centre, Hotlink will be giving away concert tickets, meet & greet passes, backstage tour passes and merchandise to the winners of the contest, which is currently ongoing till 8 March 2015. The contest is open to Hotlink customers.
The ED Everywhere! Contest was inspired by a video that instantly went viral of a fan dressed up as 'Spiderman', dancing to Ed Sheeran's song 'Don't' while 'pleading' for tickets to the concert. The video, which was posted by Louis Megami on his Facebook page on 9 February, has since reached more than 400,000 views on multiple pages. Friends and strangers who came across the video of "Spidey" dancing in the LRT, all came together and rooted for him to get tickets. Hotlink picked up on this viral sensation and awarded him with a pair of tickets for his effort. Click here to watch the video: http://youtu.be/tL4krf1PMAU
Navin Manian, Maxis' Head of Prepaid, Consumer Business said, "Since last year, Hotlink has been offering customers the absolute best in music and entertainment. Ed Sheeran, the Grammy nominated singer-songwriter, is an inspiration to many Malaysians for the way he writes and performs. We are very proud to be a part of his already sold out concert in Kuala Lumpur. Our customers can look forward to many more exciting music experiences with us as well as exclusive rewards that they can access right on their smartphones via the Hotlink RED App,"
Here's how customers can take part in the ED Everywhere! Contest:
- If they don't have the Hotlink RED App, download it on their Android or Apple mobile device at www.hotlink.com.my/r
- Take a video of themselves singing or dancing to an Ed Sheeran song in public and post it on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #EdEverywhere #hotlink #alwayson.
- The most creative submissions will be selected as winners. Customers must ensure all of their accounts are set to 'public' in order for their submission to be viewed.
- In the Hotlink RED app, once you have validated your number, go to the 'FEEDBACK' section on the top, and click 'LIVELIFELOUD'
- Under "Message", type in ED SHEERAN, followed by the link to the video
- Participants are allowed to submit more than one entry.
Among the prizes to be won during the contest include:
- GRAND PRIZE (3 winners) - Each winner will receive a meet & greet pass for 1 pax + concert tickets for 2 pax
- 1st PRIZE (5 winners) - Each winner will receive a backstage tour pass for 1 pax + concert tickets for 2 pax
- 2nd PRIZE (39 winners) - Each winner will receive concert tickets for 2 pax
- CONSOLATION PRIZE (20 winners) - Each winner will receive Ed Sheeran merchandise
In addition to the ED Everywhere! Contest, Hotlink will also be organising various other exciting activities in conjunction with Ed's upcoming concert. This includes collaborations with various cafés nationwide where fans can record their entry to the contest as well as be in the running to win an autographed guitar from Ed himself. There will also be quizzes via the RED App for an opportunity to win exclusive prizes, all of which will are happening right now.
Customers can download the Hotlink RED App on Google Play for Android users or the App Store for iOS users. For more details on Hotlink's ED Everywhere! Contest, please visit www.hotlink.com.my